Share this article Return
A TreeTable component appeared as a coherent response to the complexity of work with UI Trees. On one hand, TreeTable is a great DataGrid that empowers a convenient presentation of data in an even structure. Then again, it plays out a tree-like, various leveled gathering of even information simply like a Tree gadget.
However, one should not confuse the TreeTable component with features like DataGrid Rows and Columns grouping. Despite the fact that some advanced SpreadSheet JS widgets may have various hierarchical information gathering devices (like Excel), TreeTable is an increasingly modern and complex arrangement as it bunches singular information, but an entire array of information.
What is TreeGrid?
Features of TreeGrid:
End-to-End Sorting- Table things can be arranged with a solitary snap on the header of a segment. You can utilize the sort work for explicit sorting conduct.
Fully Editable - Tree Table backs up the full scope of manipulations with the grid. One can, without much of a stretch, alter its component by composing the new value in the information field or choosing a choice from a drop-down list that can even be provided with checkboxes for better convenience.
Selection Modes - TreeGrid permits you to choose information in one of the accessible modes: cell, line, segment, multi-cell, multi-line, multi section, square or zone determination mode.
Checkboxes - Besides the item selection, one can utilize checkboxes in the TreeGrid part. This element assists with picking numerous things for altering or removing at once. One also can utilize either standard two-state checkboxes or three-state checkboxes with an extra 'intermediate' state.
Filtering- Tree Table supports customer side filtering. One can either utilize built-in filters or custom ones. As per the kind of information presented, one can utilize one of the accessible channels for the required section: date filter, rich select filter, number filter, multi combo filter, etc.
Clipboard - Clipboard support allows us to reorder things inside the Tree Table component as well as to paste data to other components. This element works in a few modes, for example, 'square', 'choice', and 'rehash'.
Sparklines- Sparklines give various graph types: Line, Area, Bar, Spline, SplineArea, and Pie. Moreover, one can add a tooltip to show up each time a client hovers a mouse pointer over the graph.
Advantages and Disadvantages of the TreeTable/TreeGrid UI Component
The advantages include:
1. The ability to visualize three-dimensional information streaks on a single screen without having to change any tabs.
However there are some obvious disadvantages of this methodology:
- It can lead to users getting confused and lost in a large number of tables. This can be avoided through the navigation of elements, like expanding/ collapsing the branches of the data.
- A lot of information transferred to the browser can genuinely stack the customer part of the framework and can prompt mistakes because of physical confinements (the most extreme size of the website page, the measure of RAM)
- Complex tables with a large number of rows and columns will be rendered gradually in the browser, so one can have a choice to pick solutions that are enhanced for rendering speed as much as could reasonably be expected.
2. TreeTable is an incredible analytical tool under the control of an experienced user. One can have access to navigate large amounts of data without having to use filters or search queries.
Disadvantages that analysts mention:
- Working with end-to-end data in scenarios where the Treatable combines tables along with different structures, can be complex.
- Building a pivot table gets next to impossible.
3. The opportunity to combine data of various formats in a similar table when the settled table has a structure unique in relation to the "parent" table.
Webix TreeTable Widget
Webix developers have given incredible consideration to the core design and structure. In contrast to most part libraries, Webix cautiously reviews the design of every widget.
Webix TreeTable contains a large number of features like:
- embedded chart lines (SparkLines),
- clipboard support,
- advanced data filters,
- various data grouping methods like rowspan,
- colspan and grid grouping.
- Facility to drag-n-drop separately for rows and columns,
- Being able to change the width of all fields and create vertical headers.
Price: One can purchase a commercial license, prices for which start from $199.
- Data Binding
- Data Export
- Virtual Mode(Load on Demand)
- Row Editing and Validation
- Row Details
- Columns Resizing
- Columns Hierarchy
- Pinned Columns
- Cells Formatting
- Custom Cells Rendering
- Aggregates and Sub Aggregates
- Keyboard Navigation
Price: Free and open-source version
It has multiple advantages. To name a few:
- Editable formulas - every cell contains formula starting by '=' like in MS Excel. MS Excel outline for arranging rows and columns in tree
- Dynamic cell border - every cell can have set and changed its border on any edge.
- Script modules - modules that are not in use can be eliminated from the script to shorten its length
- Dynamic cell span - every cell can be vertically and horizontally spread over through increasingly to next cells.
- Presence of grid features like tree, sorting, grouping, filter, and search
- Fully customizable key and mouse navigation to make the activities easy.
- Localization and translations of any language is possible, including all texts, date and number formats.
- The border Can have different width, style, and color and is shared between adjacent cells.
Price: free and open-source version. Commercial licenses start at $ 79 / a component.
Guriddo jqGrid JS is a client-side component based on open and broadly utilized guidelines, for example, jQuery, jQuery UI, ThemeRoller. it is the most well known jQuery based network UI product in the world. Its simplicity and easy to use has made developers’ lives eassy. Check all the features that have been developed.
- Guriddo TreeGrid JS supports all kinds of desktop and mobile browsers which are tested regularly with major browsers.
- It can also be used for personal websites or a non-profit organisation without having to get any author’s permission.
- One is allowed to download the source code and can make custom edits which helps in personal modifications and a great flexibility.
- Support different types of loading the tree nodes like Auto-load nodes that show quick tree items – Nodes can be uploaded at once but can collapse or expand for a better view.
- LOOKs can be easily customized meeting all the requirements of the user.
- The functionalities of this TreeGrid library makes custom development easy through a lot of useful functionalities like keyboard navigation.
Price: Commercial licenses start at $199/.
DHTMLX TreeGrid Component
Price: Commercial licenses start at $ 79 / a component.
Sencha TreeGrid Widget
Price: Commercial licenses start at $ 1295/a bundle.
Syncfusion TreeGrid Widget
Syncfusion offers more than 1,600 components and a framework for portable, web, and desktop development, prepared-to-convey endeavor programming that helps get your items to market faster. With numerous customization choices, one can convey an ideal client experience while saving development time and expenses. It is an element rich segment for showing information in a plain arrangement. Its wide scope of functionalities involves data binding, editing, Excel-like filtering, custom sorting, aggregating rows, selection, Excel support, CSV, and PDF formats.
Price: Commercial licenses start at $ 995/.
Ignite UI Tree Grid
The igTreeGrid library provides hierarchical data by combining the principles of a tree and tabular data into a single control. As the igTreeGrid inherits the igGrid control, it enjoys many features and functionality the same as that of the igGrid. However, some of the features differ in function and implementation so as to best suit the needs of hierarchical data (e.g. filtering, paging, etc.).
In order to keep up with flexibility and adaptability, the tree grid includes a configurable expansion indicator, which can be rendered inline in the main information section or in an independent segment.. The expansion indicator can likewise be modified with an alternate look-and-feel to accomplish custom visualizations.
Price: Commercial licenses start at $ $1,495/.